As of March 2015, Google has introduced a new way for business owners to add and categorise the main photos associated with their business, thus giving them more control over what images are linked with various aspects of their business.
As the business owner, head into your Google My Business control panel (google.co.uk/mybusiness - if you are in the UK) to get started by clicking on the photos section. You will see a pop up alerting you to the fact this feature is available for your business. From there you can proceed to set and categorise your images.
Most businesses will see at least 3 main sections:
- Identity Photos - consisting of your choices for your profile image, logo and cove rimage.
- Photos at work - Images of your business providing a service, such as a hairdresser cutting hair or electrician working
- Team Photos - Pictures of staff
Some businesses will also have extra sections, such as restaurants which will see:
- Menus - Photos of your menu
- Dishes - Photos of the food you serve
The extra options will vary business to business depending on your listed category. Do go and update your images to cover the extra criteria as you can be sure that as a restauarant owner, if a customer is searching for your menu they are going to see it straight away in their search results.